GIVE THANKS FOR SCRUM 2021 StartHere Page
First things first: Send your issue and your phone number to this EMAIL if you need help:
Welcome ! This page contains everything you need to enjoy the event. Start here. Save this link as your lifeline in case you get disconnected or otherwise need help.
Getting To The Zoom Event
You get to the event by using the personal ZOOM link you generated through Zoom registration. All participants were required to REGISTER on ZOOM by Sunday, Nov 21 at 12 PM ET (12 noon Eastern time). Zoom emails you a link when you did this. Use that link. If you do not have that link, email us by simply clicking the link at the top or bottom of this page.
There are breaks scheduled before and after lunch. But there are not a lot of them, so feel free to take a break anytime you want. You can view the event details and the Schedule here.
Getting to the Event Lunch Location
For lunch we are doing something cool- an online lunch event using WELO. WELO is the new shared meeting space for events like the GTFS Lunch Hour. It is also good for setting up Open Space events, and Liberating Structures (whole group meeting format) events.
For the GIVE THANKS FOR SCRUM Lunch Hour, the setup is just like a traditional conference. There is one, big room with lunch tables. You get your lunch, you see who is sitting where, and you select your table. And your seat ! Each table has 6 chairs. The audio is for your table only.
So set up a bag lunch or a micro-wavable lunch, and join the other participants for lunch in the WELO LunchRoom !! Some of the speakers may be in and out, so look for them !
The GTFS2021 event is Zoom-based event. But lunch is hosted inside WELO. So, your experience goes like this:
- During the GTFS2021 Zoom event, lunch will be announced, and your audio will be muted. It’s important for you to EXIT ZOOM before going to the WELO Lunch space.
- After 10 minutes we will END the Zoom event-meeting to clear everyone out. You can leave anytime by ENDING your Zoom connection.
- If you are still in Zoom, you can END the Zoom connection on your end, and then go to this WELO link which is the Lunchroom:
The WELO Platform: Your Lunch Venue for the #GTFS2021 Event
The following are the links you need to join the lunch running on WELO.
PLEASE NOTE: For best results use the Firefox or Chrome browser. Avoid the use of the Mac-based Safari browser OK? Thanks! Here is your link:
Full link (if you need it):
NAVIGATING WELO: You can click through and set up your ‘avatar’ image now, and take a look and cruise around. WELO is easy to navigate. Here are some tips:
- Double Click on any chair on any table, to sit down
- To Zoom IN, click the [+] plus sign to the upper left of the screen
- To Zoom OUT, click the [-] plus sign to the upper left of the screen
- Double click on any OTHER chair to move.
- Use the icons at the BOTTOM of the screen to turn video on and off.
- TIP: Click the down arrow on the microphone, speaker, or camera icon for further options, such as choosing your mic/camera device or blurring your video background.
Have fun ! Everyone gets free access to WELO after the event to use any way you wish!
HERE IS YOUR GIFT FROM THE FOLKS AT WELO:
Welo’s gift to you is a Welo space you may use until March 31, 2021 at no-charge.
To take advantage of this offer please use this link now to create your own Welo space.
To schedule a conversation, or have any questions regarding Welo, please use this link.
Cliff Pollan – Co-Founder
Getting Back to the Zoom Event AFTER Lunch
Social Hour After the Event Ends
We plan on having a little social hour on the main Zoom-event link after the event. We plan to play Powerpoint Karaoke and imbibe some beverages AFTER the main event. You’re invited to linger and have some fun upon the conclusion of the event.
After lunch is over, it is important to CLOSE the WELO window before returning to Zoom, to avoid any audio-overlap. So CLOSE your WELO window and fire up your ZOOM link. You get to the event by using the personal ZOOM link you generated through Zoom registration. If you have questions on this use the email link at the top or bottom of this page.
Last thing: STILL NEED SOME HELP? Send your issue and your phone number to this EMAIL if you need help: