Participant Guide and Tech Support
Click here for the MAIN NAVIGATION Page:
This page contains information on how to solve common problems with your connection to Zoom for this event. Please do the steps under [Before the Event] before asking for help:
- Full reboot to avoid AV problems with Zoom (and to eliminate this as a possible source of problems)
- Recycle your Router (shut it off and on)
- Upgrade Zoom to latest version
- Use a 2nd monitor
- Welcome to the event. Please become familiar with this page to get the most out of the 13th Annual GIVE THANKS FOR SCRUM event. Read this over, and if you are still having issues during the event, scroll to the bottom of this page and look at the FAQ ON COMMON PROBLEMS.
- Before the Event
- During the Event
- FAQ on Common Problems.
Before the Event, it is a very GOOD idea to prepare as follows:
0. REGISTER ON ZOOM: Register yourself on Zoom using the same email and name as you registered with on Eventbrite when you bought your ticket. You cannot access the event without doing this! Please do it now and obtain your personalized Zoom link for a single machine. Here is the link:
Page for getting ZOOM registration-link: http://www.agileboston.org/gtfs/2021event/registration
- REBOOT ROUTER: Reboot/recycle your router. This ensures you have maximum connection speed for the event.
- REBOOT MACHINE: Reboot your machine. This move sidesteps common audio-video issues. If you have a problem with audio or video and HAVE NOT previously did these steps, do them now and see if your issue goes away (it usually does.)3. MONITOR: Connect 2nd monitor if you have one. Use your laptop as your main video screen, and use the side-monitor for web pages, email etc. This will make the entire experience better for you overall.
- ZOOM: Upgrade your Zoom to the current version. The event does not depend on new features and is designed work with older versions. That said, upgrading your Zoom before the event is a most excellent ideA.
- POWER SUPPLY: Make sure your power supply is plugged in. Seems obvious but hey, sometimes it is not. Connecting to the EventUse your Zoom link to connect to the event. Once you get there, you’ll be given access to a single web page for navigating the event. The main room and all concurrent sessions before and after lunch are set up as Zoom links. From the single web page for navigating the event, just click the proper link to go to that “room.”
- NOTE: If you are in one session and want to go to another session, and you click the link of the destination session, Zoom will first ask you if you want to leave the current meeting. If your screen has a lot of open windows, this prompt from Zoom may be obscured by those other windows, preventing you from moving until you click [Yes]. If you are trying to move and get stuck, CLOSE open windows and look for the Zoom dialog asking you if you want to leave the current meeting. Click [Yes] and you are all set.
- Connecting and Start Time
- Speaker View
- Side by Side Mode
- Meeting People
Times: All times listed on the Schedule Page are in USA Eastern time.
Zoom link: The Zoom meeting Main Room is accessible from your personal link which you received when you registered with Zoom. This link only works on 1 device at a time. The meeting will be running by 715AM ET and it is recommended that you connect early to have everything set well in advance of the first session. Get connected early.
View the full schedule here: http://www.agileboston.org/gtfs/2021event/schedule
Your Display Name
It’s a good idea to look at how your name is displayed. If your name displays as “cn181819” or “DSMITH”, consider changing it to your real name, “Diane Smith.” Doing so makes it easy to connect with new people you will meet in this event. Here is how you change your name on Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-Profile
Volunteers and Organizers plan to display their name prefaced by “(AB Role) First Last,” for example: “(AB Organizer) Daniel Mezick” “(AB Volunteer) Dave Jones” If you have questions you can get help anyone who has this prefix in their name.
Speaker view can reduce bandwidth overhead compared to Gallery View in Zoom. Use Speaker view if your video is slow.
A little-known feature of Zoom is the Side-by-Side mode. It is used when the Speaker is sharing a screen, such as a web page or slides. Initially, your view is dominated by the shared screen. But if you hover your mouse at the right edge of that screen-share, you’ll get a slider that allows you to reduce the slides and increase the view of the Speaker. It is simple and explained here: Zoom doc on Side-by-Side Mode: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004802843-Side-by-Side-Mode-for-Screen-Sharing
Side or Second Monitor:
Having a 2nd monitor opens up more options for display and viewing. You can explore these options here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362583-Using-Dual-Monitors-with-the-Zoom-Desktop-Client
For lunch, we have set up the use of WELO.SPACE via the link provided. We have set up spaces for “sitting down” and you can see who is in the room before joining, just like a regular conference event at lunchtime. Might want to have your food queued up in your fridge so you can meet some peopel at lunch.
Breaks are 10 minutes each and we are planning on starting and stopping these breaks on time. Take the full 10 minutes but realize we plan to keep the event moving all day.
Raffle and Social Hour
At the end of the event, we are having a Raffle of seats in online classes. These are actually quite valuable and are worth at least $400 each; some multi-day classes are worth 2 or 3 times that. You do not have to be present to win. For the social hour we are doing PowerPoint Karaoke, which is hilarious and perfect for a post-event social hour where people are enjoying beverages and socializing. The game is described here: https://www.powerpointkaraoke.com
Use this page to fix any problems you may have. Save this link and refer to it when adding a 2nd monitor, exploring side-by-side mode, or when you are trying to fix a problem. Enjoy the event !
FAQ ON COMMON PROBLEMS
Problem: My Zoom video does not work.
Possible Solution: 1. Reboot and reconnect.
If you have already rebooted previously, consider upgrading your Zoom installation, reboot and try again to connect to Zoom video
Problem: My audio does not work. Possible Solution: 1. Reboot and reconnect
Use your phone for audio. Refer to your Zoom confirmation email, find a phone number for your region, and use that to dial in on your phone. You will be prompted to enter your Participant ID which is in that email from Zoom. Enter your participant ID and you are all set. Make sure your phone is plugged in throughout the event.Instructions and related links:
Zoom Audio by Phone…
Problem: I cannot navigate from one session to another. Possible Solution: If you are in one session and want to go to another session, and you click the link of the destination session, Zoom will FIRST ASK YOU if you want to leave the current meeting. If your screen has a lot of open windows, this prompt may be obscured by those other windows, preventing you from moving until you click [Yes]. If you are trying to move and get stuck, CLOSE or minimize most open windows until you reveal the Zoom dialog that asking you if you want to leave the current meeting, and click [Yes]. That solves this problem.
Possible Solution: From the Event navigation-page link, instead of clicking a destination link, copy it and paste it into the browser instead. Some browsers do require you to do this.